Engineering in China
Engineering in China
In case the students opt for full 4 years engineering programs in China, it is even better for him to prepare for a global career since the level of proficiency in Chinese and English language is far more superior to the Joint programs. The biggest advantage is that the cost to study engineering in China is almost equivalent to that of Indian universities conducting the same engineering programs.
The medium of instructions for engineering programs in China can be English or Chinese. Naturally, Indian students choose English taught programs in China to study abroad at the same cost of India.
The universities in China are far more superior to the low level Indian private colleges and the education is extremely practical involving industrial internship.
THE LANGUAGE BARRIER
You may feel that studying in China must have the language barrier. In fact with the growing spread of Mandarin language (Chinese) in the world, learning Mandarin is an asset, not a problem. Imagine a student knowing the language and the culture of the largest and the fastest growing economy of the world! Naturally, he would be better placed than any other student from India not having that advantage. Moreover, the whole course is in English!
OPTIONS OF UNIVERSITIES
China offers wide varieties of engineering programs in more than 3,500 universities. However, there are more than 500 Universities which conduct programs in English for international students.
Each of the Universities is again divided on the basis of “Project 985” (Top 32 Universities) and “Project 211” (Top 100 Universities) and balance are not recommended for international students unless it is for the Joint program.
We would guide and ensure that you choose the best possible university for your chosen stream to study Engineering in China.
WHY STUDY IN CHINA?
The world is changing. Earlier, the western world was the center of world economy and Indian students wishing to earn money used to dream to study in USA or settle down in Europe. Now the world order has changed and the economy is shifting to Asia. China has become the world’s fastest growing economy for the last 10 years and offers large employment opportunities. Further, English language is still a problem in China and Indian people can easily do better than the local people.
The biggest advantage of China is low fees structure (matching with India) and the low cost of living (again equivalent to India!!).
WHY STUDY ENGINEERING IN CHINA?
The sudden industrialization in China has now made it the manufacturing hub of the world. Similarly, the number of international students studying in China has risen from 29,000 in 2002 to whooping 350,000 in 2014!! It has become the education hub of Asia and is now poised for the largest employment market.
The main problem as seen earlier is the dependence of the fresh engineering graduates in is to get the job at a respectable salary level in India. Also, keeping in mind the fact that studying bachelor level in other countries such as USA / Canada / Australia / New Zealand is extremely expensive due to high tuition fees cost and very high living costs, China with its thriving economy and huge manufacturing base offers great opportunities to work.
ENHANCED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
There are 4 basic ways in which employment prospects for the engineering students coming from Joint programs is enhanced:
- Just look at any Multinational branded product, turn it back and you would see “Made in China”. It means, the Chinese products have penetrated the world and Indian market completely making it clear that every corporate company and SME in India deals with a Chinese company. The companies like Huawei, ZTE, Oppo Mobile, Wechat, Media, TCL and many more are all the Chinese companies who are present in India. They would like to appoint engineers who are well educated in their own country.
- Indian brands having presence in China such as C & G, Bajaj appliances, NIIT etc.
- SME and Trading companies in India depend a lot on local agents in China to serve their needs and face huge problems especially for procurement of engineering goods. It is time that the engineers who studied in India and China take these positions to serve professionally for these needs for growing SME.
- The SME is China is poised to grow for a big push in Multinational arena. This push needs a work force which can speak in English and know the Chinese language and culture as well as way of doing business along with the education in China.
COST TO STUDY ENGINEERING IN CHINA (Bachelor)
The following programs are very popular among the Chinese engineering programs at bachelor and Master level. The programs are conducted in English language:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Science
ACCREDITATIONS OF THE DEGREE
The Chinese degrees in Engineering are recognized and appreciated the world over. During the study, learning Chinese language would be a part of the program making an engineer suitable for any company dealing with a Chinese company, even if the student goes back to their home country to get employment.
Generally, an Indian student look for an employment after the Bachelor level and the student has absolutely no knowledge about an additional foreign language or capability to handle people from different culture. Accordingly, if the student study in China for their engineering programs, they become highly employable and confident to get Global employment.